Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Dislike the US Post Office

I don't tend to get a lot of mail. Usually I check my mailbox once a week. A week and a half ago, Laura and I were sent an oversized catalog that filled up our mailbox, and the post office immediately put a hold on our mail until we went to pick it up. So the day after we found out, Laura and I went to the post office and picked up our mail. I went back to the mailbox to pick up last week's mail, and it turns out there mail is still on hold. So I called the post office 1-800 number and spent about five minutes trying to navigate their menu of options. I ended up with the phone trying to get me to deliver a package, which was clearly not my intention. I tried to get back to the main menu, and it hung up on me. So I called back and tried some different options. A couple of minutes later, I was talking to a real person. I told him the situation and he told me I had to talk to the post office. I asked him who I was talking to and he said I had to talk to a different post office. He got me the phone number for my post office and I called them. By this point, it was 5:55. The post office closed at 6:00, according to the website. Nobody answered. They said they closed at 5:30

So now I'm stuck without getting mail still, and I need to get over to the post office (which, strangely, is the one ten minutes from my house rather than the one two minutes from my house) sometime during the work day in order to stand back in line and tell them again to take the hold off my mail box. Very frustrating...

1 comment: