Monday, March 15, 2010

Lilith Says "No"

For my second game yesterday, I took a small Lilith list to face off against the Archanists for the first time.

Lilith
1x Mature Nephilim
1x Younger Nephilim
3x Terror Tots
4 Soulstones

Chris came at me with Rasputina, the ice mage in a top hat (because that makes sense).

Rasputina
1x Essence of Power (totem)
1x December Acolyte
1x Joss
1x Convict Gunslinger
4 Soulstones

This time the battle moved outside Ashvale Crossing. There was a old, massive tree with some kind of mystic powers. I came out with Claim Jump, naturally trying to capture the arcane, ancient tree. I think I wanted to burn it. Chris picked up Slaughter, ready to rush out and end my faction. We picked our secondary objectives and I took Bodyguard and Kidnap, ready to kill Rasputina and keep Lilith alive. He picked Hold Out and kept his second objective hidden.

The December Acolyte deployed real close to me but hidden away. I knew at some point he was going to jump out and eat one of my Terror Tots. I just KNEW it! To make matters more annoying, I knew there was nothing I could do about it. So I had to make sure he could kill only one, and he'd suffer for his indiscretions after that.

My demons headed away from him, trying to take the tree on head-on. Joss came up to block me, activated his electric armor shield, and got iced over for 5 armor. Damn! I had to advance quick, though, so my Mature and Younger Nephilims charged in anyway, doing a little damage to him. Meanwhile, as expected, the December Acolyte rushed through a forest and ate a Terror Tot. Lilith ended his life quick, draining his blood for her brood, making a Younger Nephilim to replace one that Joss had killed.

Rasputina had done very little yet and I was getting nervous. I won initiative and slammed the Mature Nephilim into the now lower-armored Joss. Slam, bam! Dropped him to a couple life left. Rasputina decided enough was enough. She summoned a swirling mass of ice and snow and blew away all three minions standing there - both Nephilims and Joss! Down to a Tot and Lilith, Lilith rushed to the Convict Gunslinger and took him down to half life while the Tot rushed towards Rasputina. Rasputina finished him off with little trouble and turned to Lilith.

Faster than she expected, though, Lilith cut the Convict Gunslinger in half, then darted to Rasputina's side. A sword to her throat, she dared the ice witch to move. Rasputina tempted fate trying to push away and get a blast off, but Lilith's blade was too fast. She sliced high, then low, and left Rasputina bleeding in the snow. Turning away, she snapped her fingers and the mistress of the Neverborn left, the burning tree silhouetting her until she disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment