Monday, March 29, 2010

A Decade Too Late?

Ten years after it was set to film, we finally have someone apologizing for the tragedy that is Battlefield Earth. Writer J.D. Shapiro, who blames a large portion of the writing on an overactive libido, even went so far as to say he wish he'd used his pen name, Sir Nick Knack, but sadly he had been paid too much to attach a false name to it.

In all fairness, I cannot rip on the movie too much, as I spared myself from seeing it at any point. I admit I've had a morbid curiosity from time to time, the same morbid curiosity that led me to watch Jack Frost (no, not the Michael Keaton version), but I'll draw the line at any point the writer says

The only time I saw the movie was at the premiere, which was one too many times.

1 comment:

  1. Overall terrible movie, but worth seem for the concept of the situation the story takes place in and cool bits of technology found within.

    ReplyDelete