So I came home from Pennsylvania and naturally had to start on a new project for terrain. Wire plus clay equals a tree, evidently. I went on to Wyrd Miniature's website (they make Malifaux) and found a guide to making your own tree. I didn't follow it step-by-step (mostly because that would bore me) and decided to see how I could make my own tree using what they said as guidelines rather than actual rules. Twisting wire for the tree, and then adding smaller gauge wire for different parts where branches come off, I set up a pretty sparse tree. I wanted one that looked pretty much dead - very little life to it. A few dead branches, but not much. Mostly just an evil looking massive piece of terrain.
Here I am at the first major break in the project. I need to wait for the clay to dry. I had a bunch of air-drying clay at my disposal, so that's what I used. It will probably take a few days to dry out. It's not going to be the best project I've done, but I'm sure I'll learn a bit from it. For example, following a lot of what they say makes a massive tree! For scale, I added Anya (of Anya and Holt) to one of the pictures.



Nice tree - although, if you were to paint it in some red and white muscle scheme, you could convert it to some demonic arms w/ fingers souls trying to escape sort of thing.
ReplyDeletethat is one big tree you have there Mike. I am glad you are enjoying making all this terrain.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the tree would be one of those really old, creepy looking things. A deadwood that's been standing for centuries and just exhudes feelings of dread.
ReplyDeleteYeah - it's coming along pretty well. I'm really enjoying building stuff. Painting doesn't suit me, but this stuff seems to.
I checked out the tree this morning - some of the clay cracked. I may have to get a different kind of clay to make trees.