Thursday, March 4, 2010

Well, It's Official

Check out here. The Game of Thrones story by George R.R. Martin has been picked up by HBO. It's been a rumor for quite some time, but now it seems like the first season, at least, will see air time. After how beautiful shows like Rome, Deadwood and Carnival looked, I have to say I'm quite anxious to see what happens here. I only hope they don't decide it's too expensive to do and stop shooting the series.

A few of my friends have different concerns. Martin is only four books into his eight-book series, and is already over a year delayed in the fifth book. Is working on this show (in whatever capacity he will be working on it) only going to delay the books even more? He has such a rich and interesting world, but it's been a long time coming for the next book to make its appearance.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing how this one goes. Game of Thrones has been a fantastic series so far. I'd be interested in seeing some of the awesome characters come to life on the screen.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, and here's the full cast.

    http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/10/game-of-thrones-cast-with-photos-.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. To bad we have to wait over a year for it to show up on HBO, which means more like 2 years for those of us that wait for DVD or at least Netflix release.

    ReplyDelete