I hosted a Malifaux game day at my place yesterday with five guys. We had two tables going and everyone got in two games, mostly against people they didn't usually play (i.e. Dan and I didn't play each other). My first game tackled the might of Ryan's Guild in the city of Ashvale Crossing. We backed down to 25 stones since we're both still trying to figure out the game.
I had:
Zoraida
2x Terror Tots
1x Mature Nephilim
1x Convict Gunslinger
8 Stones
He had:
Perdita Ortega
1x Judge
1x Nino Ortega
2x Witchling Stalkers
5 Stones
I ended up having to grab table quarters and he was going for an assassination on the old hag. He announced Hold Out (I wasn't going to be in his deployment zone) and hid his other mission, so he could get 7 points max. I announced Bodyguard and Kidnap on Predita, so I could cap out at 8 points. If I managed to keep my master alive all game, I had a nice swing - he would lose out on four points for failing assassinate and I'd gain two for succeeding in bodyguard. That would get me most of the way there, so that was my primary goal.
He came rushing down the middle of the street while I ended up hugging the interior of some buildings. I knew his shooting was far better than mine, so I wanted to hold off the engagement for as long as possible. I didn't need to kill him, after all. Just stay alive. I had one terror tot on each extreme edge of the board rush for the far corners. I was hoping they'd be ignored for the most part, but I knew he just needed to draw LOS and get his shooting going to them, so I tried to keep them out of his sight too, hoping he'd forget about them, and I'd activate them later in the turns after all his stuff had gone.
I flew Zoraida up on to the top of a building early on. I knew it would be trouble if he was able to Lure me off the building, but I was counting on my Willpower of 10 to save me if that was attempted. From the roof, I created a Voodoo Doll that was out of melee range of anything he had.
On another roof, my Mature Nephilim perched, ready to rumble. Predita moved up and shot him bringing him from 10 to 1 in a single round of shooting. Ouch! The Mature Nephilim, sensing he wasn't long for the world, double-moved into Predita (didn't want to get shot at for charging her) and swung, doing three points of damage after a prevention. The Judge (who was already poisoned by the Voodoo Doll) rushed in and finished off the Nephilim, but his blood hurt both him and Predita. I was in a bad way, losing my primary attacker on turn two, and having both of my Obeyed Judge attacks on Predita miss.
But fortune turned my way. Predita spotted the Convict Gunslinger hiding behind the door in the stables and moved up to open fire. He ducked behind the doorway as lead peppered the front of the building. A moment later, the guns clicked empty and as she reloaded, the Convict Gunslinger swung around with his pair of guns and unloaded with Rapid Fire. Each of those three shots triggered an additional shot and when the smoke cleared, Predita was dead on the ground.
The remaining Guild were wide-eyed, but ready to complete the mission. They moved forward in the middle of the streets, trying to gun down the Voodoo Doll as Zoraida turned into a raven and flew away, keeping herself safe. The Judge rushed after one of the Terror Tots, but got caught off-guard by his high defense. The Convict Gunslinger again pulled out from behind the doorway and unloaded into the two Witchling Stalkers and Nino. When the smoke cleared again, the Stalkers were dead and Nino was badly hurt. Nino called to the Judge, who had been slowly poisoned and near dead by Zoraida's Voodoo Doll, and the pair fled the city block, leaving it to the Neverborn.
For the second game, I'll have to post later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment