Monday, March 22, 2010

Interior Decorating

I've been trying to figure out how to go about doing the interior of the buildings I have for Ashvale Crossing. Laura was saying how wallpaper was a big thing during the time period, but I didn't want to go out and buy actual wallpaper to line the buildings with. The images would be too large, for one thing, and I wanted everything to look a little different.

My next idea was to go online, find pictures of wallpaper, tile it and shrink it in a paint program, and then print it all out. This came into the difficulty of getting a color printer hooked up and finding the right styles.

So for weeks, I've done nothing. This past weekend, Laura and I ended up at a crafts store, and I was looking over the scrapbooking paper. And there was some that was perfect! I bought a bunch of different ones and brought them home. Lined them up on the walls, cut out the pieces I needed, made a glue/water solution and pasted them up. Once that was done, I set in the wooden plank floors, and they're looking even better now. Next step is to get them painted so I can add in the second floors for some of them. But still, I'm pleased with how they're coming out. Take a look.





No comments:

Post a Comment