Neverborn are the stuff of nightmares. They are the demons that walk the earth, as well as the creepy children that you fear, the demented spirits that live off your despair, and the old women who can twist your fate and kill you from afar.

First we have Lilith, the mother of all the demons, her demented Cherub that follows her around, and one of her massive Mature Nephilims. Lilith was put on a cracked earth base and we added a black cat in front of her. Lilith is supposed to be a deadly warrior, but keeps to the shadows and strikes when you least expect it. A cat seemed reasonable. The Cherub is flying next to a flower pot. I had to drill the wings into the pot to make it hold - I think it'll look pretty cool when it's all painted up. The Mature Nephilim has a small fire sprite following him around behind him. You can see him peaking out behind the Nephilim's left leg.

Next we have a second Mature Nephilim and two Younger Nephilims. All three are on cracked earth bases. I had some bits of flame that I added around them to get the feeling of heat just rolling off these guys. I wanted to keep the two Mature Nephilims different enough in their bases since they had the same basic pose. The two Younger Nephilims, fortunately, look different enough.

Here's old saddlebags and her voodoo doll. I put them on plank docks to give them something different. Zoraida has four stuffed dolls around her, and one in her hand with a long needle as if she's about to shoot wracking pain through a far-off foe. The voodoo doll itself is one of my least favorite models in the game so far, but it's one that I'll be using a lot, so there he is.

Next is Pandora and her three Sorrows. All four of them are standing on pentagrams (though Pandora's coffin makes it harder to tell). I hated the evil smoke stuff that's sculpted on the top of the box for most Pandora models, so I just didn't add it. I like how she's off-center from the base. It makes you feel like she's going to come at you in a way you won't expect which, ask Dan, is how she plays too. The three Sorrows are all coming out of the middle of summoning circles, ready to spread fear and loathing in Ashvale Crossing.

And finally, Baby Kade, Candy and Teddy, the demonic children and teddy bear. I wanted to emphasize Candy's appearance as innocent and harmless, so I put the massive lamp post on her base, making her look that much smaller. Baby Kade already had enough stuff with him (a butcher's knife and a teddy bear) so I left him alone. Teddy's got something on the back of his base (I'd tell you what it is, but I honestly don't know), though it's harder to see in this picture.
So, now I've got about six more models to put together and I'll be set to go with everyone. Next step: painting!

No comments:
Post a Comment