Thursday, March 18, 2010

Two BSG Shows Just Aren't Enough

Evidently SyFy has ordered a pilot for another show to take place in the Battlestar Galactica universe. Not many details yet, but they're citing a return to the space opera that the first show had. The First Cyclon war, perhaps?

Caprica's doing better and better, which bodes well for the series. I haven't been watching it as it airs, but I'll probably pick up the first season to see how it is once it releases.

6 comments:

  1. I wasn't impressed by the Caprica pilot. I honestly didn't even know they had started it regularly. Im hesitant because of that. Where as the Mini-Series for BSG was amazing, Caprica looked weak and not as fun. I'll give it another try, but im not hopeful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I'm not too enthusiastic about more BSG shows. I liked the remake one, but beyond that, the world they created didn't really do it for me. It was interesting, but I'm not fascinated enough by it to handle several different spin-off shows. It feels to me like LOST, actually. I love everything they've done for it so far, but I'd be hesitant to see a spin-off because... well... they don't need one to tell the story that I wanted to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing that made the first BSG series create was the initial concept, (earths gone and this is all that is left, deal) and the characters.

    I watched part of a Caprica Episode and changed the channel because I got board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh - glad I'm not wasting my time with it then. Good thing LOST is out there for all us who want pure awesome delivered to our tv screen every week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started watching Caprica. I like it. I didnt see the pilot or the early episodes. Its worth trying (maybe from the middle like I did).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been following Caprica on Hulu. It's not terrible, but it's a slow-paced series. It seems like the story just inches along with each new episode, with only a little bit of action here and there. Also, the characters are nowhere as well-developed or interesting as the BSG remake. I keep watching in the hopes that it improves.
    ~Carol

    ReplyDelete