Monday, March 29, 2010

Painted Escorts

Well, Dan came through. More evidence that the whole hand-writing thing should really take off.

Laura was wonderful enough to get my escorts painted already. Since my two battleships were blue and red for colors, I decided to paint the escort colors to match them.







I'm still a little mixed on how I feel about the new unit types. They latch on to one of your large or massive ships at the beginning and activate at the same time as them. Generally speaking, they're entirely there for defense. Only the Aquan and Dindrenzi ships have much in the way of combat ability with the Aquans having mines and the Dindrenzi having small guns. For the rest of them, they're a boost to point defense, etc. They're cheap enough that, generally, that's still good enough. They have the added bonus of being able to use their point defense against boarding actions on the main ship. I'm going to have to test them a couple games to see if they're worth it. The nice thing I can pull in three of them for less than the cost of two frigates, so I'm not breaking the bank just to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment