Twice now, in the past week, I've had someone (or a group of someones) mention to me about Laura and me having children.
First was when my mother called me earlier this week. While it was jokingly, she mentioned she'd be fine with Laura and I having ten children. Also mentioned she was pretty sure Laura's dad would be happy being a ten-times-over grandfather too.
The second time was last night when I was out at dinner with my coworkers. There was a point in the conversation where all eight other people there were talking to me about what they thought I should do and when I should have children. From "right now" to "as soon as you're married" to "wait a few years" to "don't bother." I think the best piece of advice I got was "Just do whatever feels right."
I just find it funny that Laura and I aren't even married yet and already we're hearing from people about when we're going to have children. I guess now that I'm engaged, they're looking for that next conversation topic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So - when are you two having kids? :p
ReplyDeleteSo lets see,
ReplyDeleteWeddings this fall
+ Honey Moon
+ peer pressure
- frogs
* 2 friends already pregs (3 once Mary get there too)
= June or July for the first one I suspect. ;)
Maybe we should start a bidding pool... :)
ReplyDeleteI think that could be both a good and a bad idea.
ReplyDeleteGood Idea: Making money off Mike's Seed.
Bad Idea: Betting money on Mike's Seed when Mike is involved.
We got the "when are you having kids" question pretty quickly too. I just hope that if you guys do decide to have kids, its less dramatic than the pregnancy Im experiencing with Carrie =)
ReplyDeleteYou can continue looking forward to it too! Shortly after Peyton was born, the question was either *are* you having 3 or *when* are you having 3?
ReplyDelete