While Apolo Ohno was racing for his sixth medal this winter Olympics, I came up with a new recipe for making my favorite vegetable: brussel sprouts. In honor of Ohno's achievement, Laura and I named them Olympic Brussel Sprouts.
16 oz brussel sprouts
1/2 cup slivered almonds
2 heaping tablespoons of garlic
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fried onions
dash of pepper
dash of salt
Boil the brussel sprouts until soft. Essentially, boil them until they'd be just about ready to eat. Drain them and cut them each in half (wait until they're cool before doing that).
Put the almonds in a pan with some butter and fry them until they start to turn golden brown. Pull them off the heat.
Put the brussel sprouts in a large pan with a little oil/butter/Pam to make sure they don't stick. Add in everything else (the cheese, the garlic, the browned almonds, the onions, the pepper and the salt). Mix them until the cheese has melted. Pull them off the heat and serve.
Serves 4
All in all, a pretty solid mix of stuff and makes a nice way to cook brussel sprouts that we've never tried before. I'd be interested to try cooking it with a little balsamic vinegar as well, but I haven't gotten around to it quite yet. Anywho, if it looks up your alley, give it a try. Or if you're ever over at my place, ask me to make them. They're pretty easy and taste good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment