One nice thing the snow has done for me is give me time to sit around the house and find things to do. Since the snow started last Friday (some 36-48" ago), Laura has been kind enough to paint my entire Dindrenzi fleet. All 20 ships are painted up and ready to be fielded. I liked the grey tones the official color scheme had, and I liked the understated colored lines on them, but I didn't like the entire fleet being a single color. I ended up grouping my ships into squadrons and giving like squadrons the same color schemes, and slightly altering the pattern on each ship in the squadron to better differentiate them.
Meanwhile, I spent a lot of time working on the rules to the campaign. Most of it I was able to keep the same as the Battlefleet Gothic campaign I found, but I did have to change the specific rules and the scenarios a bit. I kept the overall theme to most of them, but I added in a couple more scenarios I wanted to play in space and changed a couple around to keep them more interesting.
The first I added was an assault on a space station where a fleet had to come in, board the space station, extract vital data, and escape. The second was a raid where a group of ships was able to yank an enemy fleet out of hyperspace and ambush them. I've wanted to play something like this since hearing about Interdector Cruisers in Star Wars. I think it would be great fun for one fleet to be fleeing to a safe part of the board to take off into hyperspace while the other tries to hunt them down.
The full rules document ended up coming to about 44 pages. Far longer than I expected. But at least it's done now. No doubt playing through it will find some inconsistencies that will need to be adjusted, but for my purposes, they're ready to go.
Now if only it would stop snowing so we could play...
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment