Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Flood: Part Ten


Last night, Dan and Ellen came by to help finish off the painting. We were able to get the hallway completed now that the washing machine was moved back, and did the whole office. Not too shabby! Tonight I'm going to be touching up a few spots, but for the most part, it's all done.

Almost all of the baseboards have been put in place now too - that was finished around 10:30 on Tuesday night (a 14 hour day for the contractor). He had messed up a part of the office wall and had to re-do the entire room with mud, costing him about 5 hours. I was glad to see that when he made the mistake, he went back and did it right, but I feel bad for how late he was there that night.

The contractor's coming by again tomorrow to finish off the baseboards and put the dryer back where it belongs. Laura and I can wear clean clothes again soon!

Saturday is going to be another working day for me, though not near as much as last Saturday. A few people are coming over to help remove all the carpet and organize the furniture so the install will be quick an easy.

Monday the carpet folks are coming by to install the new carpet. At that point, we should be pretty much finished with this whole fiasco. Just got to get everything back downstairs, figure out which of it we want to keep and which of it we're ready to pitch or sell. That's actually the fun part, so I'm looking forward to it. Everything else... just can't wait to have it all done.

Oh, and I had a bad dream the night before last. That night they re-installed my washing machine, and I had a nightmare that the house flooded again. Glad to see that didn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment