So things are looking up now. I mean, the house is still a wreck and is hot as all get out, but the repairs are getting scheduled. Over the weekend, Laura and I went by Home Depot and priced out some carpet. The insurance company had given us almost $600 for the carpet cleaning and restretching and all, and the cost of new carpet came in a just shy of twice that, so we're excited about that. I was expecting around three times that for the new carpet, so I'll take the lower price. They're coming in tomorrow to do the measurements. Of course they can't tell us when in the day they'll be arriving, so it could be as early as 9 or as late as... well... 8, I guess.
Also, we got the estimate from the drywall guy and the damaged parts of the work come in at just about what the insurance company gave us, so we went ahead and scheduled that for tomorrow too. Happy days!
Tomorrow night we're hoping to head out to pick up some paint and get ready for a big painting party over the weekend. More details to come!
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment