Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Flood: Part Four

The insurance adjuster came by this morning to take a look at the place. It went pretty much as I expected - he cut me a check, gave me an itemized expense report for how the money was calculated, let me know that if the price came out different on any particular part to get the receipt over to him and we'd work out the details that way. The amount didn't come out as high as I wanted, but when I was hoping for a mere $250,000, I guess maybe I should have been more realistic.

Next steps are to get in touch with the drywall folks and get them out to take care of all the walls. From there we can start painting the house, and then worry about the carpet.

Oh, and best news of all: no asbestos. Lab results came back negative. Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment