Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Flood: Part Six

So the drywall contractor came by yesterday. Laura and I really liked him - he used to be a ServPro-type guy, working on drying out homes after a flood. He said he likes fixing homes up more than taking them apart, though. He specializes in working after floods to repair any damage that's going on.

I was able to get him the estimate material from our insurance guy, and so he's working up an estimate with that information too. While we've got him here, we have a few spots we're going to have him work on at the same time, just to make things look a bit nicer. He said he'll put those in the estimate too, though they'll come out of our pocket. Not bad, though, since the insurance company's already paying to get him out here, so these will just be add-ons.

I'm thinking it won't be able to start tomorrow, though, since we still have to clear the estimate through our insurance guy if there's any price difference, and I suspect there will be. So instead, tomorrow Laura and I are off to take a look at carpet places and see what we can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment