Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Flood: Part Eight


I think my estimation of them finishing all the work on the drywall and baseboards in a day was a bit off. The group is here today and tomorrow too. In fact, I'll be heading home this afternoon to keep an eye on things so Laura can head back to the office. Her boss is much less keen on working from home than mine. This pushed back some of our prep work for this weekend's painting party and is making us re-evaluate how much we wanted to get done. Our original plan was to pick up paint last night, get the kitchen painted tonight, and take tomorrow night off before having a bunch of people help out on Saturday. We weren't able to get the paint last night because we had no where to store it yet, but we're hoping to get it tonight. That means we may not be able to take tomorrow night off as we'll be doing a lot of prep work then, and then starting up Saturday morning. Also, we reduced the number of rooms we were going to try to paint on Saturday, only trying to tackle the ones that will have furniture moved back into them (so the kitchen, main room, and office). We've got a handful of people offering to help already, so thank you very much to those who have already responded!

2 comments:

  1. If I have to in order to get my house in order, I will. Not my first plan, but I'd rather live in a fixed house than spend an evening playing a game. Maybe we'll come out late once we're set. I need to have everything ready to go for Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete