
The first season of Heroes stands as one of my favorite seasons of any television show, but since that awesome initial run, the series has just gotten worse. Season two was terrible, with season three being only marginally better. I tried watching the most recent season with the carnival, but I could only make it through about a quarter of the season before I lost interest.
Well, it looks like NBC is looking strongly at canceling the show. I am neither surprised, nor disappointed. The show, which once took a fresh look at the superhero genre has become stale as the characters never grow, never learn, and constantly seem to be reset back to their previous versions. Sylar was a fantastic villain in season one, but should have remained there, and following his development did a grave disservice to the show as a whole. None of the other villains, despite what I thought were good casting jobs, ever stood up the Sylar's villain. And the show just ended up with so many abandoned plots I couldn't count them all. One of my gripes still has to do with Peter leaving the Irish girl that he was with in the dark future, and then ensuring that future never came to pass so she could never be brought back. Wow, how does he sleep at night?

If you can make it to the later episodes of the most recent season of Heroes, it ends up being pretty good. Not Season 1 good but eh, its passable.
ReplyDeleteLooks like it's finally over...
ReplyDeletehttp://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/14/heroes-tribute/