So as promised, I took some more pictures of the Terror Tots that Dan and I painted on Monday. Dan painted the one on the top right and I painted the two on the left.
Sadly the paint we used for the bodies was Midnight Blue. Dan says it's part of the GW line, but they may have discontinued it. A shame. Dan offered to give me his pot since he never uses it, so at least I'll be able to cover the Nephilims I have left. Thanks, Dan!
Last night I started painting on my own without any pointers from others as to what colors to put where. It's the first time I've painted models since way back in high school when I painted ten Bretonian archers. After that unfortunate experience I put away all my paints and never touched them again. Anywho, I started with Bad Juju. I figured he'd be pretty easy since he's all green and brown and just a mess of color. Mistakes on it wouldn't be too bad since he's really just a massive mud monster anyway.
After that, I decided I wanted to try my hand at something smaller, mostly because it was getting late. I picked up my Voodoo Doll and tried to think of what to do with him. He's sitting on a brown plank and he's a brown sack. It was going to be a weird model to try. As it was, I didn't end up too happy with him, but he's serviceable.
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with Bad Juju and the Voodoo Doll's good enough for me. I started working on the Cherub and next I might give the Sorrows a try. Between them, the couple of models Laura's painted, and the few that Chris is doing, I'm well on my way to having a half-painted force!

Congrats on starting to do your own modeling and painting, I am proud of you. Hopefully you will come to enjoy it and continue practicing your skills and getting better. I'm glad Malifaux has inspired you so much. First Terrain building, then Green Stuff, and finally painting. Be care, you are starting to become a full time Hobbiest.
ReplyDeleteNo if only I could find something in Malifaux that has the same effect on me.