Thursday, May 13, 2010

Closing in on the End


In a week and a half, LOST will be over. It's crazy to think of that - six years of awesome television about to come to an end. I'm sure that we won't get all the answers we want, but I'm okay with that. I'd be disappointed to know for certain what everything was. I like a show where I can keep trying to decipher what was going on well after it finishes. While Battlestar Galactica didn't end as strong as I wanted it to, I still love thinking back to it for all the twists and trying to decipher exactly what was going on. In fact, after LOST finishes, I think I've convinced my mother that BSG is the next show we should watch on our weekly jaunts to her place.

I have to say, I'm very glad I've been watching the show as it's come up on TV. While I do miss the ability to click the DVD to the next episode whenever I want to see what happens next, that has forced me to sit back and try to ponder what's really going on in the story rather than just finding out. The finale probably won't pull together everything I want, but I've enjoyed the entire journey.

So with the last episode being next Sunday (starts at 7 PM, goes to 11:30!), my mother, Laura and I were trying to figure out what we should do for the proper sendoff. So far we're at "Lock ourselves in the room with some pizza and drinks and don't come out until it's all done... and show up late to work the next morning since we'll have to talk about the whole thing too." But I found this on the ABC website. How crazy is that!

Well... back to work, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment