First, here are the Salads that Chris painted. (I know they're called something else, but I can't remember what it is).
Chris also painted up one of my Younger Nephilim.
And finally, he painted up my first master: Pandora. Of course, this is my least-used Master, but still, nice to have her all finished up.
When the image for the doppelganger first appeared on the website, Dan jumped at it and said if I bought it and got him a new pot of paint he'd need for it, he'd be all over painting it up. I, not liking to paint, thought that was a great idea. So I got the model and putzed around trying to figure out what to do with it to make it look a little more unique. I finally came up with an idea when I saw the tree bit from the bayou set. I took some greenstuff and draped it over the tree. Now it's like she's shed some of her skin (check out her back if you're curious about that one) and left it behind as she takes a new form. The demonic-looking owl on the branch is just an added bonus.
And on to the four models I painted up. I've been picking the easier models as much as I can since I'm actually not that good at painting. The first is the Cherub, the totem for Lilith. I don't think I've ever used it, and I'm not sure that's going to change anytime soon. Still, I had fun painting him, though I'm still having a lot of trouble with eyes. I can't seem to get the paint in the right spot! It looks okay from a distance, but close up it's a bit annoying.
My other three models were the second batch of Terror Tots that were running around on angel statues. Personally, I like the way these ones turned out even more than the original three.
Chris currently has my Hamelin, Avatar Pandora, and one of my Mature Nephilims. When those are finished, I'm running shy on models. I have the three Sorrows, Lilith, another Mature Nephilim, another Younger Nephilim, Baby Kade, Teddy, and Zoraida. Not too shabby.

Wow, Dan really out-did myself on that Doppleganger! I mean damn, who does that guy think I am! To paint something so magnificent and just give it away.
ReplyDeleteI think the best part about it is your modesty! No, seriousness though, awesome piece and I really appreciate it.
ReplyDelete