Monday, April 5, 2010

Reinforcements

Since last I posted, Laura painted up three more ships for my fleet. I have the last ship currently available for the Dindrenzi, the Carrier, all set and ready to go. Though to be honest, I don't know how often it will see the field. I'm not a big fan of the ship in my fleet. Having forward fixed guns and only being able to turn 45 degrees a turn makes for a pretty crappy ship. Unfortunately, currently it's the only way I can field wings that can't be tapped by Bingo Fuel. A shame, that.



The other two ships were the fuel carrier and one of the luxury liners. I wanted a green and copper feel for the fuel carrier, and I think it came out pretty well. It ended up being hard to see because of the dark green I wanted, but not too shabby. The second one, the luxury liner, turned out better than I thought it would. Originally I wanted a red, white and blue color. Having all of my Dindrenzi ships be "standard metal" color, I wanted the civilian ships to be a bit more colorful. After a few attempts, Laura came up with an awesome scheme of the red fins and then having the main body blend from white to blue the whole way. Pretty slick!


No comments:

Post a Comment