Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fighters Fight

Yesterday after work I stopped by the Game Parlor to pick up a few things. It's been a couple of weeks since I made the trip, so I had a bit on my list: No Quarter, small square bases to start working on mine counters or fighter counters, and check out their small fighters to see whether there were any I liked that were relatively cheap. I managed to grab all of those things, plus a few bayou-themed pieces for my Malifaux models and a Warhammer 40k scenario book that I intend to farm for ideas for new Firestorm Armada missions. So far, after looking at only a couple of them, I already have ideas for new stuff to toss out.

When I got home from the store, I decided to try to put together the first box of six fighters. The bases were all wrong for the FSA system, so I knew I'd have to be a little creative with how I was going to assemble them. Overall, not too bad, I don't think. They're short enough that they can still sit on the bases of their "parent ship" without hitting them, and they look far cooler flying around the table than the counters do. Just have to figure out how to get more of the same kind of fighters, I guess. Throw on a little paint and they'll look awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment