I've been playing this game, Urban Rivals, for about a week now and have been having a blast with it. Takes about five minutes to run through a match and there's no shortage of players out there.

So I was working on a new faction and happened to get a second of one of the most powerful characters in that deck. Unfortunately, you can have only one of each character, so I took some time to level him up to the max to make him a little more valuable and put him up for sale on the auctions. It didn't take too long, and it was no real effort on my part. The game has a training room where you can go to just grind through a few matches to get your characters to higher levels. So within a half hour or so, he was maxed out and I put him up for sale.

Not too long later, I had a message in my box offering a trade. He posted up one of the really good characters for another faction I like, and I thought, hey, why not. So I wrote back and said "sure" and pulled my card off the auction. Then, with a lapse of judgment, I asked him what to do to effect a trade. Privately sell it for the minimum amount, he said, so feeling a little unsure, I did anyway. Of course we know what happens next. He buys the 13,000 card for 50 and then doesn't sell me the other one in exchange. Instead, he blacklists me so I can't send him messages or see him any more.
It was my stupidity that let him get away with it, so I wasn't really that mad. In the end, he cheated me out of an imaginary card. I had a second copy of it, so it's not like I lost anything, and in perfect karma, later that day, I opened a pack and got the guy he was supposed to trade to me. Not too shabby! Still, it was disappointing to have someone be a jerk like that.
Note to self: don't trade in the game. And if you're going to, make sure they send you the card first.
Just an update here, really. I did decide to notify the company when I found a handy link at the bottom of one of their pages that said, "Report Abuse." So I pulled up the guy's profile and reported him. They got back to me and I've sent them screenshots of the messages that went back and forth detailing the terms of the trade, then my sale log to show I sent him the card, and then my purchases log to show I never received anything back from him. We'll see what happens from here.
ReplyDelete