Monday, April 26, 2010

New Models for Malifaux

Over the weekend, I decided I should finish up basing all of my Malifaux models. I had three Silurids, the avatar form of Pandora, and the new Doppelganger that Dan had picked up for me (thanks Dan!). I wanted to try basing them from beginning to end myself instead of relying on Laura's (admittedly superior) green-stuff skills.

So I started with my Doppelganger. Unfortunately my camera didn't take a good picture of the model, so I don't have one to show. But I'll do my best to explain what I did and then get a picture for it later on down the road. I wanted the model, which looks like it's just shed its skin and is trying to reheal itself, to have a sheathe of skin somewhere around the base. I had bought a small pack of bits to add to bases and pulled up a perfect one - it's a small dead tree with an owl on top. The middle of the tree V's out so I took some greenstuff and made a really thin flat piece. I was going to try to cut it to look like it had some human-ish parts to it (arm, maybe a face), but it was too sticky and kept sticking to my knife. I'm going to have to rely on the painting job to get the point that it's skin across. Overall, I'm happy with the way it turned out. And Dan's offered to paint it for me, which is awesome because I really like the dark gritty look his guys are coming out with.



Next are the Silurids. I was really at a loss for what to do with them. I ended up just making interesting texture to the bases with green stuff and then adding random bits I had floating around to each one. So we have one with a turtle, one with an aligator's skull, and the last one with a small piller with several human heads stacked up on it.



Finally, the last one was the avatar version of Pandora. While I can't use her anytime soon (it sounds like Henchmen are going to be in the next book, which I assume means avatars will be in the one after), she's a pretty cool model. I wanted it to look like there was a massive magical energy that was lifting Pandora's box into the air and awakening the spirits within. I think I did pretty well at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment