It's been disappointing, really. For a long time, I had crazy dreams all the time. Serious Mike battling a crocodile, myself being Batman's sidekick, and the Pope performing Mass for the US Senate on a beach in New Jersey. But of late, I haven't had many great dreams. Or if I had, I haven't remembered them.
Last night I finally had a good dream again. It started with myself and Laura going on a vacation trip with my college buddies. I don't know exactly where we went, but it was going to be a week-long trip again in which we were all going to take dancing lessons.
Well, when we arrived at the vacation spot, we all headed to the grocery store. This was one of those smaller mom & pop ones that you find in small towns. Somehow, I got in my hands a twinkie. But throughout the entire dream, nobody ever referred to it as such. It was always a "tasty spongecake."
So I was running around the grocery store with my tasty spongecake when one of the employees stopped me. He was angry. Evidently if I could not respect a tasty spongecake (which running around with it seemed to prove I could not), I could not join my friends in the dance lessons.
For the entire week, I sat around in the house we had rented, moping around, while everyone else went to the awesomely-fun dance lessons (or so I gathered from their conversations when they got home). They even rented a limousine when they went to one of the lessons!
I was very depressed about the whole thing, so much so that in my best Anakin Skywalker voice, I cornered Adam at one point and said to him, "This is the worst vacation EEEEVER!"
Then I woke up.
I don't even like twinkies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey - nobody told you to go running around with that tasty spongecake. Rules are rules - you made your own bed buddy.
ReplyDeleteI know, but it's just not FAAAAAIIIIIRR!
ReplyDeleteI had a crazy dream last night too. We were in a castle of some sort. We were nobles, and another noble (Atia from the HBO series "Rome) wanted to have all the power for herself. Well you would have none of it. So you decided to take the power for yourself Benjamin Linus (from LOST) style (for those who don't watch - that equals "Evil") Atia thought she had you - thought that she had won. She had gotten a magic user to hex you with a hex bag (as in Supernatural). Unfortunately for Atia - you were not in the house at all that she had hexed and hadn't been all night because you were out doing evil takeovers and setting up your own magical intervention. You had gotten a mage to make you the High Cleric (which apparently has the power since that's what you wanted) Atia was furious and went away pouting. We then sat for a bit listening to the commoners and their dull problems (we were quite bored and rolled our eyes frequently). At one point Hurley (also from LOST) showed up to share with us his cool powers. He could create milk just like a woman from his man boobs. (sorry Hurley!) We watched while he fed a dog with his Moob. He said something like "Dude - I love it when people watch this. I've got like - secret woman powers or something" After Hurley a woman who looked very pregnant showed up. She kept trying to hit on you and I was quite furious. She said she wanted to have your babies and all manner of weird come-on's. I was all flustered and in an exasperated tone with full nobility "Oh! How dare she! And in front of your wife!?" I was obviously very upset by her. She then opened up her shirt and three triplets in mini style walked out of her belly. You leaned over and said "Not to worry honey - she makes weirdly sized babies".
ReplyDeleteThen I woke up.
I think Laura wins the weird dream competition for today.
ReplyDelete