Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Nightmare


Last night I had a bad dream. I was back in high school, and both Brian and Dan were in my class. The teacher was asking about a math problem, and had us all figure it out. I figured it out, and I knew I had it right, because I had figured out the trick in it. At the end, she called on Dan to give the answer. He gave the wrong answer - the one you can reach only if you forgot that the number problem did not involve a simple multiplcation, but actually involved a reducing addition (so instead of 4x6, you'd do 6+5+4+3 - that kind of thing). Brian jumped up and yelled, "yeah!" and high-fived Dan. The teacher asked me what I thought the answer was, so I told her the different answer. She shook her head and said:

"I'm sorry, Mike. Brian and Dan are right, and you are wrong."

I woke up in a cold sweat. It was terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment