I talked to the insurance folks yesterday. Everything's going just fine on that front. I'm trying to be as up-front about what's going on and ask them every time I talk to them what they need from me to make this process go smoothly. I'm hoping that will negate any kind of problems down the line.
We were told to hold off on bringing in a drywall guy until ServPro's done drying out the house and figuring out how much needs to be done to repair. If they need to break down more drywall, we'll need to know that before the drywall people come through to take a look.
ServPro brought a few more blowers to the house. That brings the total count to 18 blowers (we're talking industrial-strength hair dryers that put out about 120 degree air all day long), 3 massive dehumidifiers, and a "spider" power box that will protect against surges and the like.
Naturally with 120+ degree heat being put out downstairs, we've got a pretty roasting house. Last night we ended up at Dan's place for the evening, and when we came home we set up a fan to help the mini AC. It actually was pretty comfortable. I managed to get a full night's sleep, which is helpful. Unfortunately Laura had a rough night of it. Between her allergies to Dan's cats and to the dust and all that's been kicked up in our house from all the work, she's not feeling all that great.
Well, the insurance adjuster comes on Thursday. We'll see how things go then.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment