Thursday, December 13, 2012

McHammish All Ready to Go

My cohost on the Gamers Lounge, Bill, opened up yesterday morning saying some people had already received their McHammish and Yan Lo boxed sets.  I cursed a little because I had not received my shipping tracking order number.  Eventually I dug around and looked on the Wyrd store site and found the tracking number there - it had already shipped!  And to make matters better, it was out for delivery.  After a half hour of frantic F5-pushing, the package said "delivered" and I rushed out to grab it.  On the way back to the office, I stopped by Kinkos and laminated the cards.

Next step: convince my wife to help me paint them up.  After a little maneuvering and negotiating (in which she totally outplayed me), I convinced her to help me paint up McHammish.  So we got home, popped in Inception, and got to painting.  She took both versions of McHammish.  I took everything else.  I went with my standard Guild theme with the desert bases and the khaki / green color scheme, except for the masters who have been painted in white uniforms.

Without further ado, here's how the models came out.


McHammish came out looking fantastic.  The model actually went together fairly easily, and I was happy to see that the dismounted version had an option to drop the netgun (which he can't use dismounted) and pick up a sword.  My only complaint is that his mounted version had no option for a sword, so he's stuck with a bullwhip that he can't use.  The painting was great, and side-by-side with other Guild masters, he fits right in.


Next was Sidir and Luna.  Both were very easy to fit together.  Working with Sidir, I actually really like his model.  My picture's a little blurry, and my painting isn't great so it's hard to tell, but there's a lot of detail to him and he just looks really nice.  Makes me wish his rules were better.


Finally, I painted up two of the Wastrels.  I have the third one put together and ready to paint, but I held off on him last night because I'm not sure I'll ever want a third Wastrel in my crew.  Two seems to hit just enough.  Only reason I think I'd want him is for the starter-box games where McHammish wants to make an appearance.

Anywho, there is McHammish and the gang, ready to take the fight to the enemy.  Can't wait to get him out there and flipping cards.


4 comments:

  1. So.
    I want a BatRep ASAP! I know you and your brother are feeling "burnout" but come on! Don't leave us hanging!

    Oh and nice work on the paint. I especially like your Wastrels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear not, McHammish will be out on the table next chance I get to play a game. May not be before next Tuesday, but I will have him ready to roll, and hopefully get a battle report up with him too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With only two wastrels, what do you see working well with McHammish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Depends on what I'm trying to do with him. I think he needs a small melee guy or two to put in between him and the enemy, so Witchling Stalkers could work there. If he's going with Luna, he could grab a couple more hounds to help out.

    My thing with the Wastrels is that they're not that hard to kill, and there are only two of their Castoffs that I see as incredibly valuable (the feather and the knife).

    I did manage to get a couple games in with McHammish last night, so I'm hoping to put up some battle reports today. Damn trip to the dentist this morning is getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete