I am something of a gaming whore. I didn’t used to be. Used to be that when I started up a game, I
would pick a particular faction and stick with it throughout. In Warmachine, this was Cygnar. I didn’t care how bad people said they were –
I liked the way they looked and I played them a ton. When Hordes came out, I thought dragons and
ice elves sounded cool, so I picked them.
Turned out that they had the opposite problem as Cygnar. People did not say they sucked – they said
they were too good.
When I started up Malifaux, I decided I liked the look of
all the Neverborn masters, so that’s what I went with, and I stuck with them
for a good while. Then for some reason I
bought Marcus. I think I was ready to
try something new and I already had Silurids and Waldgeists. Soon thereafter, book 2 came out and I
dropped Marcus in favor of the Dreamer and getting back to my original faction. Then I got bored again and tried something
new: the Viktorias and the Freikorps.
All this was in preparation for Hamelin coming out so I could play
Outcasts.
Then I decided to plunge into Ressers and see what they
were all about. Now I have nearly as
many Ressers as I do Neverborn. This
year I have split games almost evenly between my Ressers and Neverborn. Recently my Neverborn have started to
overtake my Ressers, but the first quarter of the year saw me playing Ressers
about five times as often as Neverborn.
Now we’re moving in to another era…
I just haven’t figured out quite what it is yet.
I had it all figured out before. I love Lucius and really want to get a crew
for him out on the table. I figured I’d
just pick up a little bit of Guild – just Lady Justice and Lucius – and give
them a whirl. It would give me a nice
way to mix things up from time to time.
But then they went ahead and announced that there would
be yet another faction coming out: the Ten Thunders. Nothing much has been announced for them yet,
so I can’t really say whether I’m going to grab them yet.
But all this put my Guild construction to a halt. I have to wait until I know more. Do I go Guild, or do I go Ten Thunders? Or heck… do I go both?

No comments:
Post a Comment