
I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about Gamer Resolutions, so I figured maybe I should come up with a few of my own. I'm not usually big on New Year's Resolutions, but what the heck, this could be fun.
1. Run Grimm through to completion. I have a tendency to start campaigns and not finish them. Of late, I've been doing well at breaking that habit (Alpha/Omega, the Ice World campaign) and I'd like to keep up that trend of actually finishing the games I start.
2. Run Rembaldi at least six months out of the year. I know myself well enough to know that I won't continue Rembaldi the entire year. There will be breaks in the middle of it where I need to decompress. But I would love to see the story continue. It's coming closer and closer to the planned ending, and I have my next campaign world already in mind, so I would like to see Rembaldi reach its conclusion at some point. Best way to do that is to keep it going.
3. Sell either my Cygnar or Legion (if not both of them). I already got started on getting rid of my Cygnar, but I still have a lot of both armies I could off-load. I have far too many games at my place, and I really would like to downsize them a bit.
4. Play at most three miniature games at a single time. This means I can only collect three lines, etc. This one should not be hard, as this is already what I do. But it means since I currently have Malifaux and Firestorm Armada, both of which I want to continue to play, and have recently bought into Pulp City (which it remains to be seen whether I will keep up with), I am at the limit of my miniature gaming.
5. Purchase no more than four computer games over the course of the year. I'd like to ensure that I finish games I get, and if I limit the ones I can purchase, it will improve my odds of doing so, and also save me money. Good deal on both counts.
I wanted to add something about going to a convention, or something about playing/running another campaign (be it Descent or Firestorm or what have you), but I'm still on the fence about those two. I also wanted to add something about being sure to play a dozen games of Firestorm Armada (which doesn't sound like a lot, but I only played 18 games last year, and 8 of them were in the campaign), but I'm honestly not sure how easy that will be given that essentially only Dan and I play that game anymore.
But the themes of my resolutions seem pretty solid: finish what I start, limit the games I play, and downsize the ones I no longer play.

Good goals, I could never live by them, but I am not married yet so don't have too. ;) See how I add in the jab there at the end after complementing you, yeah I am awesome... ;) Well... sigh...
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I'd offer to help you in the FSA gaming department but I really have to admit I just have no interest in it anymore. I am going to keep my base fleet and the few extras I have added, but I am not looking to add anything and actually want to sell off my unbuilt second Terran starter that I still have. It stinks that all 3 of your miniatures games at the moment are games I have waning to no interest in at all. You should play more Flames of War, which is a great game, but expensive.
Also when did you start Rembaldi back up? I need to get in on it again.
Oh, you wily bastard! And they call me evil....
ReplyDeleteI'll send you an email about Rembaldi.
Flames of War is a game that's never really interested me, unfortunately. I've heard good things about it, and I'm sure it's a solid game, but overall, it just doesn't do it for me. Still holding out hope for Pulp City - have to see how the rule book is going to pull it all together. Right now it isn't what I was hoping for, but we'll see if that changes.
I thought you were dabbling back into Malifaux - how's that going?