Friday, January 28, 2011

Dungeons & Dragons Promotes Gang Violence



Evidently it criminals in jail are no longer able to play Dungeons and Dragons because it promotes coopration and gang mentality. You see, there's a Dungeon Master who tells everyone else what to do, which is just like being in a gang, and that's not safe for prisons.

Check it out here.

Lesson to nerds everywhere: stay on the right side of Johnny Law and your games won't be taken away from you.

2 comments:

  1. I had a good chuckle when I stumbled on this story a couple days ago. Nott quite as absurd as the "Dungeons and/or Dragons will make your kids worship Satan!" bullcrap we saw back in the day, but still silly. I see two probable explanations:

    1) The prisoner in question was a problem for other reasons and the wardens wanted to mess with him by taking away his toys.

    2) The wardens had no idea what DnD is, so they assumed the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, when I read this, it had the 80s anti-roleplaying all over it. There has to be a bit more to this story, but regardless, it's fun to get your gamer righteousness all ruffled. :)

    ReplyDelete