
The first was Iron Man 2. Second movie based on the Marvel comic, yadda yadda yadda. Most people know the whole story behind it. It was the movie I wanted to see for a while, so I was glad to finally get the chance to see it. In the end, I was... well, not really disappointed, since I didn't expect that much from the movie. But it delivered what I thought it would: not much. To me it felt like it was riding the coattails of the first movie too much, and didn't really do much to enhance Tony Stark's character. We knew he was a playboy, and he did that more. We knew he was smart, and he did that more. We knew he was sarcastic, and he did that more too. I didn't really feel like I got much more out of his character from this particular installment. To me it felt more like an "aftermath of the first Iron Man" than a new movie in its own right.

On the flight back, I caught the A-Team. I was hoping to see Robin Hood, which was available on the flight to England, but it wasn't an option on the flight back. I was not too happy about that, since I had no real desire to watch the A-Team when it came out, but given the option of watch the movie or do nothing in the cramped airplane, I opted to watch the movie.
And I'm glad I did. It was just a whole mess of fun on a bun. I was never a huge fan of the A-Team growing up. I loved the show, but for the life of me, I couldn't tell you anything about it other than the van was black with red, Mr. T was awesome, and Hannibal smoked cigars and had white hair. That's about the extent of what stuck with me. So I came into this movie without any thoughts about what people should act like or what they should do. Maybe that made it easier for me to enjoy for what it was - an action flick with a lot of explosions and completely ridiculous situations. I liked watching this one so much that I ended up watching half of it again later on the flight to pass some more time.

The last movie I saw was the Losers. Once it was over, I realized that all three of them were not really original movies - Iron Man and the Losers were both based on comic books, and the A-Team was a remake of the old TV show. Strange.
Anywho, I got sucked into this one because it had two actors I really like (though have no idea who they are). There's the guy who plays Stringer Bell on the Wire, and the guy who plays the Winchesters' father on Supernatural. Both are good actors, I think, who don't get the attention they deserve. So to see them in this movie made me happy.
Except the movie itself was not that great. It was similar to the A-Team - a bunch of guys who are military and then on the outs with the government trying to stop a bad guy doing bad things who is somehow on the same side as the government/military. Perhaps I would have liked it more if I hadn't seen the A-Team just beforehand, which I think is the superior movie of the two. The characters were flat for the most part, and the action was pretty low-key for a movie of this style.

I loved the A-Team when I saw it in theaters. Its funny, and stuff blows up. Pretty much a recap of the old tv show. Plus I like Liam Niasson (geez I cant spell the guys name, oh well).
ReplyDeleteThat's exactly what I was expecting from the movie (I had low expectations going in) and it delivered... and delivered well! I was surprised how entertained I was by that movie. I wouldn't stretch to call it a "good" movie, but it certainly was a "fun" movie and worth the watch for some mindless entertainment.
ReplyDelete