Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Football Update


So we're four weeks into the season and things are going... okay.

Redskins: 2-2 (2-0 in the division)
Fantasy: 2-2

I'll talk a little about the Redskins first. I have to admit, I'm thrilled with the wins over Dallas and Philadelphia. They don't make the games easy on their fans, that's for sure, what with putting the games within a score and giving the opponents a drive down the field at the end both times, but they managed to win in the end, and that's what matters.

In week 2 we brought Houston to overtime before losing to the field goal. After watching Houston dismantle Indy, I was surprised to see us doing so well early. But once again we weren't able to put the game away, kept Houston in it, and they managed to come back and win. A missed field goal at the end of regulation for us was all it took.

I can't say much about week 3 since I wasn't here - but really? Losing to the Rams? That bad?! It saddens me that we could be 3-1 or 4-0 by now, but at least the two victories were against our Division. That'll help in the long run.

As for my fantasy team, what can I say? At 2-2 I'm sitting in the middle of the pack, and while I'd love to say I should be higher, it just isn't to be. It's always tough to lose a game where, if you had started different players, you would have won, and that's what happened to me Week 3, but what can you do? Just move on. At least week 3 taught me that I shouldn't be so beholden to where I drafted players, nor what they performed in 2009. This is an entirely different year. Players like Peyton Hillis, LT and Austin Collie are worth starting, even over someone like DeAngelo Williams. It takes me a little while to learn, but I do. I think I've got a good team (if I can shore up my Tight End situation - my lack of having a decent one, that is), and could make a run for the top four, but I'm starting at a disadvantage and still have two more games this season against the top two players yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment