
Had the final weekend of the league over the last weekend. I was supposed to be in New York at the time, but due to a rash of illnesses where I believe I was the only person out of the six who would be involved who was not ill or just recently recovering from being ill, we postponed the trip. That left me with an open Saturday.
So after some Skyrim playing (I'm now the head of the Mages' Guild despite not being a mage, and the head of the Champions despite not really being much of a fighter... at least now I'm working my way up the ranks of the assassins and theives... oh, and now I own a house and don't just live in a cave anymore), I headed out to Huzzah for the last day of playing. Got in two last games, one against Zee and another against Bill. Good games, both of them, and I pulled them both out. Against Zee I was fighting Perdita and managed to hold him off from reaching his objectives and the second one I swapped lists with Bill and luckily the game went to turn 7 and a 3-4 loss turned into a 5-4 victory.
Points were tallied and in the end, I took best Neverborn and Overachiever for the second straight time. I got in far fewer games this time around than I did last time, but luckily so did most other players. Bill took the best Archanist, Dan got the best Resser (his favorite word: Default!), Skill-less Brian took the Guild, and another player took our Outcasts (sorry, I don't remember the name). Zee took home Good Ol' College Try, a nice reward for our most enthusiastic new player.
Next league I'll try to time things better so I'm ready to move off of Neverborn and try something different. Maybe by then I'll have the last two Resser boxes ready to go too.

No comments:
Post a Comment