Saturday, December 24, 2011

Red Retired

Today marked the end of Red's career in Skyrim. Dragon attacks were becoming more and more rampant and I decided it was time to do something about it. Whiterun had been built to hold a dragon, so it was there that I started my journey to defeat the evil world-ender black dragon. The journey took me far and wide, trying to broker a truce between the two armies long enough to handle the dragon situation. While I was sitting in the council, I realized that there would be no lasting peace in the lands until I did something about it.

Once I returned to these lands after defeating Aldrun, I went to Solitude and joined the army. Over less than 24 hours, I put Stormcloak after Stormcloak to the sword, liberating many forts with the help of my trusty horse, the only friend I had who joined me.

Honestly, the army at my back was kinda superfluous. They just succeeded in getting in the way of my sword from time to time while I was killing Stormcloaks.



With the forts liberated, Windhelm sacked, and the leader of the rebels dead by my hand, I retired from my life in the army.

I tried a few more minor quests, trying to help out some people I had met along my journey, but they all left me feeling hollow. Nothing I was to accomplish in the future would ever stand up to what I had already done. I finally decided it was time to get married and retire from adventuring altogether.

I went to the town that I had spent my whole early career defending - Riverwood. There I went to the merchant and his sister who I had helped earlier. The merchant didn't want to marry me, but his sister did, so we set a date and headed off to the chapel to get married.

I forgot about the dress code and showed up fully dressed in my armor.



From there, my wife and I moved to Solitude where my house was. I hung up my sword, set my armor aside, and lived out my days in peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment