
Headed over to Bill’s house over the weekend to get a couple games in and do some podcasting (check out Episode 39 of the Gamers’ Lounge… though it wasn’t my best effort – I was working off about 4 hours of drunken sleep the night before). I strapped on my Go PACK (which Dan said made me look nerdy, but I think he’s just jealous) and trucked on over.
Bill and eChris had stepped out by the time Dan and I arrived, so we set up a game while we waited for them to come back with lunch. I had a number of my Ressers painted, so I decided to start with them. We flipped for missions and I flipped Slaughter while Dan flipped Destroy the Evidence. I really only had one list, so I went with that.
McMourning w/ 8 Stones
Zombie Chihuahua
Canine Remains x2
Crooked Men x2
Bette
Sebastian
With Destroy the Evidence, Dan switched up his list and took the guy who pretty much achieves that mission all by himself… Von Schill. Okay, so Collodi could do it even better, but Dan was playing his new Vikis, so Von Schill made the list.
Viktorias w/ 6 Stones
Von Schill
Ronin x2
Convict Gunslinger
We picked schemes and I decided to have some fun, declaring Assassinate on the VIkis and trying to get A Piece For Me with McMourning. Dan took First Blood, only later realizing that was a fairly easy two points, and… something else.
Turn one saw me with no crows in hand. So sad. I killed my dogs to get six body parts (and get Dan First Blood without even trying) and started moving out. The bulk of his crew came to face me in the center while Von Schill flew to the first objective marker out along the side.
On turn two, I drew no crows yet again despite ditching all but one card from my hand. My Crooked Men moved out to blast the Ronin and while they did not drop any AOEs, they did force him to discard some decent cards. Von Schill dropped one of the points and flew after the second one. I sent Sebastian after him and followed it up with McMourning moving out, slinging his scalpel at Von Schill and then attacking him some more. Von Schill was freaked out by the crazy doctor. The Vikis kept hanging back, keeping a bit safe.
Turn three saw no crows yet again, and only one card above a 10, so I couldn’t reliably bring out Bette either. I killed his Ronin, but he killed my Crooked Men in return. Von Schill tagged another point and then jumped up in the air. McMourning tossed his scalpel at him and followed him up, stabbing him and draining him of all but one stone, leaving him with only a couple life left. Sebastian started trying to get back in position.
Turn four finally saw me get a crow, but it was a two of crows. Not so useful. He won initiative and flew away with Von Schill and tagged the last point. Sebastian got gunned down by the Convict (damn non-painted model… blended in with the terrain and I forgot about her!). McMourning went after Von Schill, drained his last stone, and then hit again but I flipped the Black Joker for damage and Von Schill stuck around.
On turn five, I finally saw some good crows, but it was too late. Von Schill jumped away and shot McMourning, and the Convict Gunslinger finished off the poor sod. Bette jumped out but got cut down right after that and I lacked the card to keep her around.
Not a great showing for my second McMourning game, but I did learn something valuable: McMourning really relies on crows if you’re looking to do summons. But the flip side of that was that I actually enjoyed seeing what McMourning could do independent of summoning Flesh Constructs. He hits really hard, and he hits a heckuvalot. He’s deceptively fast. Overall, very pleased with him.

Though I don't play McMourning this was a very interesting and informative battle report for me. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete