But my lack of playing games has been made up for in other ways. At the NoVA Open I used my prize money from one of the games to help fund my new carrying case - the Battlefoam Go PACK. Well, it and all the foam for it arrived and I moved my entire army into the new pack.

It carries 9" of foam, so with the padding and dividers, I ended up going with one 3" pluck foam and three 1 1/2" troop trays. With my Neverborn and Outcasts, I've already filled up two of those troop trays and started on the third, and I've filled up probably 2/3's of the pluck foam. Damn in Neverborn doesn't have a lot of large models. Of course, Nightmare Lord Chompy Bits takes up a big chunk of that space on his own.



But that's not all I got over the last couple weeks. Back when Advanced Deployment first released their burned wood tokens, I wanted to jump on them, but then I was laid off from my job so my wife and I had to tighten our belts. Now I've been working again for a few months and decided to go ahead and order some of the tokens. They had a lot more I wanted to get this time around.

Finally, I've been pushing myself to get my Ressers painted up quickly so I can start fielding them. I've been concentrating on getting McMourning table-ready first and over the past week I've gotten another batch of models ready to go. Add to that the fact that I was able to purchase a bunch of Big Jay's old Ressers and am slowly getting those primed and ready to paint and I expect to have a nice sized Resser crew pretty soon.

Don't be too critical of my paint jobs. Sam Adams Oktoberfest has hit the shelves and I may or may not have been drinking while I paint. Evidently it doesn't mix all that well. But still - they're table-ready, and that's what matters to me.
Finally, I've been invited to join Bill on the Gamer's Lounge with a few others to help go over the Twisting Fates book. A couple weekends ago we were out there talking about Avatars, and this weekend we're heading back to talk about the minions. Plus there's a bit about the recent Neverborn-hate out there in which Bill makes a pretty ballsy statement (for him). Not one I haven't heard before, but for the guy who tries to make his opponent enjoy every game, it seems to run against the grain. I'll leave it at that for the moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment