Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Mass Effect Playthrough: Part One
I have been playing through Mass Effect lately. My intention was to stop on my blog from time to time and talk about the funny things I was involved with (assassinated canines while my real targets fled, etc) but I am finding it hard to do with Mass Effect. I've never played the first game all the way through - I am only about three missions in now and already farther than I ever have been before - and I'm having trouble finding those funny moments in the game.
Okay, so I can complain a little about driving my Rover around and how impossible to navigate that thing is. Or I can talk about how frustrating it can be trying to move past some of my own allies when they decide that the place they need to stand is the spot right in front of me and I can't get around them.
But it's not really funny to talk about the actual game that much. In Assassin's Creed I could talk about how frustrated or angry I was with the characters and wanted to just jump off the edge of the skyscrapers. But that doesn't happen in Mass Effect. The characters are much more interesting, even in the shorter time I've been working with them.
Besides, there's less humor involved when I say things like, "I chose to murder the entire colony of people that were being mind-controlled by plants." No one laughs when you pull that one out at a party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment