Two maligned models from the Neverborn line were tapped with some errata today: the ever-disdained Alps and the princess, Nekima.
Alps errata
Nekima errata
In brief, the Alps are now Insignificant and receive only one wound from Exhaustion and Feed on Dreams, no matter how many Alps are around. The change to Nekima was much more simple: her free Mask on different stats only applies to Terror Tots and Younger Nephilim now.
Essentially, this breaks two lists that many people feared: the Alp Bomb and the FILTH list. For addressing those two concerns and overly-powerful builds, I applaud Wyrd.
In fact, there is only one place where I feel like the changes went too far, and that’s in making the Alps Insignificant. Reducing their damage was very important, but in making them Insignificant, their usefulness is greatly reduced. Now they no longer kill enemy models, and they do not grab objectives. I struggle to find a good place for them to fit in a list anymore, though given how infrequently they saw my playing table anyway, that’s not a big deal. With the inclusion of Night Terrors in the Dreamer’s minion list, the Dreamer still has access to a cheaper significant model to grab objectives.
Even with these changes, however, I feel like the main culprits of the Neverborn line – the Stitched Together and twins – were left alone. The current stance is that the Stitched are working as intended, and there are no rumblings to change the twins outside of the interaction with Nekima that was just addressed, so I don’t see any changes occurring down the stretch.
So overall, I give props to Wyrd for addressing some of the general Neverborn overpowered-ness that seems to be prevalent in the forums. I think they missed the mark on what I believe needs to be changed, but I am happy that they took the Alp Bomb and FILTH lists away – two of the examples that are constantly held up by the forum-goers as examples of how bad Neverborn is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment