35ss Zoraida vs. Colette
Me: Zoraida, Mature Nephilim, Silurid x3, Terror Tot x3, 6 SS
Dan: Colette, Mechanical Dove, Cassandra, Coryphee x2, Performer & Mannequin, 7 SS
Strategy Me (Zoraida): A Line in the Sand
Strategy Dan (Colette): Plant Evidence
Schemes Me (Zoraida): Bodyguard, Kidnap (Coryphee x2, Performer)
Schemes Dan (Colette): Sabotage, Kill Protégé (Mature Nephilim)
Table was set up with a bunch of open buildings that models could move through forming a box around an open square so it was easy to see larger distances once you were in the square, but you’d have to move to get to the open areas. There were two small forests on the right side of the board, one on my side of the middle line and one on Dan’s.
We had Diagonal deployment.
TURN 1
Zoraida won initiative. I started with a Terror Tot, rushing along the bottom of the board to try to reach one side of the Dynamite tokens with his buddies and the Mature Nephilim. One of the Terror Tots managed to Sprint and be Carried by the Mature and made it in base-to-base with one of the Dynamite tokens. Meanwhile, Cassandra and the Silurids were meeting at the top left of the board. Cassandra activated one of the Plant Evidence locations, and my Silurids activated one of the Dynamite tokens and got in base to base with another. Zoraida flew out to the middle of the square in the center of the board to get a good look around, while the Coryphee Duet danced together (1 point for Kidnap!) and attacked the Terror Tot next to the Dynamite for 2 wounds. Colette jumped out to the middle top of the board and killed one of my Silurids with ease. I quickly realized a design flaw in my list. Almost half my points were taken up with models with 3 CA and 4 WP - my poor Silurids. Given that Colette targets those two stats, I knew they were not long for this world.
TURN 2
Zoraida won initiative again and I started off with my Silurids. They both activated together and launched themselves at Colette, doing a couple of points of damage between them, but not much. The Duet activated and killed the Terror Tot, then moved back out of danger. My other Tots moved in and activated two more Dynamite markers. My Mature Nephilim charged a Dove over a building, triggered Knock Aside, and charged the Coryphee Duet, knocking it down to 2 wounds remaining. My had was pretty atrocious - on my two attacks against the Duet, I flipped a 2 and 4, cheating in a 9 (my highest card)to hit (he had flipped the Black Joker) and a 7 (my next highest card) to do 5 damage, and then flipped a 1 and 2, not having anything left in my hand to cheat. Still, with some Black Blood from earlier, I was doing alright. Colette cleared out one of the Silurids and then dashed away while Cassandra tagged another Plant the Evidence point and moved on. Zoraida put a Voodoo Doll on the Coryphee Duet to give it some Poison, then tried to Obey the Mature to hit the Duet again, failing on the attack flips once more. The Mechanical Doves tried to kill the Voodoo Doll but failed to do so.
TURN 3
Colette won initiative here and things went pretty horribly for me. I knew the Poison wouldn't kill the Duet - she would be healed by the Mannequin before that could happen. Colette jumped over to the Mature and cast Disappearing Act on it, getting the trigger and sacrificing it (bypassing the 2 VP for Kill Protégé since she didn't kill the Mature Nephilim). I looked over the board and saw that Dan had increased his crew size while I was left with Zoraida, two Terror Tots and a Silurid, nearly dead. I ended up tossing in the towel, though I still had an okay chance of pulling out a tie if I could have kept three of the activated Dynamite Tokens up and killed the Performer. Not a great chance... not even a good chance... but a chance.
END OF THE GAME
Mike’s Crew (Zoraida): Zoraida, Silurid, Terror Tot x2
Dan’s Crew (Colette): Colette, Coryphee Duet, Cassandra, Mechanical Dove x2, Performer, Mannequin x2
Final Score: 3-6, Colette (I assume he would have gotten his Sabotage and Plant Evidence and broken my Line in the Sand)
~~~
Dan and I talked about the game for a little while, then re-racked the board and started another game. This time I went back to Outcasts, figuring I'd give them another swing.
35ss Viktoria vs. Marcus
Me: Viktorias, Student of Conflict, Von Schill, Freikorps Trapper, Freikorps Librarian, Convict Gunslinger, 5 SS
Dan: Marcus, Jackalope, Myranda, Razorspine Rattler, Sabertooth Cerberus, Shikome, 8 SS
Strategy Me (Viktoria): Claim Jump
Strategy Dan (Marcus): Supply Wagon
Schemes Me (Viktoria): Bodyguard, Stake a Claim
Schemes Dan (Marcus): Sabotage, Bodyguard
Table was set up with a bunch of open buildings that models could move through forming a box around an open square so it was easy to see larger distances once you were in the square, but you’d have to move to get to the open areas. There were two small forests on the right side of the board, one on my side of the middle line and one on Dan’s.
We had Diagonal deployment.
The Shikome picked the Trapper, who was deployed perched up on a rooftop, as her prey.
TURN 1
Viktoria won initiative and moved the Convict Gunslinger up a little ways. Marcus took the opportunity to show how fast he was. He took the walk-as-your-charge form and the +2 DF form, then rushed out to the middle of the board with some cover near where his Sabotage point was. I looked a little confused, but figured there was some greater plan there. I had my Librarian go and just move out. The Shikome rushed into a nearby building. I had the Student of Conflict give my Gun Viki Fast. Miranda turned into a second Shikome and started moving out. Von Schill turned on his rocket pack and jumped over a building to get LOS on Marcus where he had no cover. He lined up and shot. I cheated a 12 Rams and stoned for another Ram to give myself double-crit. I got severe damage for 7 wounds, only one of which was prevented. The Rattler moved out, but couldn't get very close. My Trapper lined up a pair of shots on Marcus but missed both times. The Cerberus moved up. My Viktorias both activated at once. The Gun Viki moved up, cast Sisters in Battle for +2 DG, and then brought the Sword Viki up in front of her. The Sword Viki charged Marcus and in two swings, cut the master down, dropping the Jackalope from the game too.
TURN 2
Viktoria won initiative again and I started with the Sword Viki. She charged into the building with the Shikome and cut it down to dead. Miranda/Shikome moved in and attacked the Sword Viki but missed. I went with my Gun Viki and had the two swap places, and she put 3 wounds into the Miranda/Shikome. The Cerberus Tiger leapt at the Gunslinger and did 4 wounds to him. The Trapper tried to shoot the Rattler but missed, proving himself the worst sniper I had seen. The Rattlesnake moved up and then charged the Librarian, dealing some damage to her. My Gunslinger went and opened fire on the Tiger. Sadly I could not Rapid Fire since I was in melee, but a couple of Trigger Happy flips took the Tiger down. My Librarian went and healed both herself and the Gunslinger for a couple, while Von Schill moved out and charged the Miranda/Shikome, putting another hit into it.
TURN 3
Marcus' crew won initiative and the Miranda/Shikome attacked the Gun Viktoria, but did little damage. The Sword Viktoria killed off the Rattlesnake, and then the Gun Viktoria killed off the Miranda/Shikome.
END OF THE GAME
Mike’s Crew (Viktoria): Everyone
Dan’s Crew (Marcus): No one
Final Score: 8-0, Viktorias
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The Marcus mistake was made in my mind. My plan was to get him near the sabotage. Problem was my sabotage was picked before we choose deployment zones, and I chose something on my side of the board. So instead of thinking smart and leaving Marcus back where he would be safe, I got locking on my specific idea and bolted him out even farther. Also the 4 soul stones I spent really didnt do so well.
ReplyDeleteYeah, neither of those games showed either of us in our best light. That's why they made me laugh - I kept thinking, "I don't get it... we're both better players than this!" Just a bad day, I guess.
ReplyDelete