Thursday, May 19, 2011

Alcatraz

My wife pointed me towards the new JJ Abrams show coming out mid-season 2012, Alcatraz. I know I'm already a fan of Abrams' work. Alias (before it got too weird), Lost, Fringe. All three are great shows in my book. Now he's coming out with a new show that just looks like a bundle of fun.

I've been looking over the production stills and haven't found any that have offered a great look at what the show's feel will be, but here's the trailer.

Basically the premise is this. Alcatraz closed down back in May 1963 for reasons of deteriorating conditions and expense. At least that's what the public story was. In fact what happened was that all 300+ prisoners simply disappeared into thin air. Now in 2011, they are reappearing, not having aged a day. Well, at least one of them does. Not sure the whole story there. So this guy escapes into the real world through a tour group and starts doing stuff in the real world. Meanwhile, a group of government officials and Alcatraz experts get clued in to what's happening and are trying to stop some of the most dangerous criminals while also trying to piece together what's happening and why.

Overall, looks like a great show. I'll be giving it a try when it comes out next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment