Thursday, February 9, 2012

Updates and Kirai

It's been a while since I've updated on how my gaming is going, so here we have it. Work has been really busy of late so I have not been able to get my battle reports put up. Sadly today's going to be no different. No time for battle reports today either.



The last of my Resser crews, Kirai, is just about ready to field. As part of my new years resolutions, I vowed not to put any unpainted Malifaux stuff on the table, so I'm trying to plow through the last of the crew. I have only 4 Seishin and 2 Gaki left to paint before I feel ready to get them out and on the field. I'll be ready to roll with Kirai, the Lost Love, Datsu'ba, Shikome, 5 Seishin, 2 Gaki, 2 Onriyo, Jack Daw, and 2 Insidious Madnesses. I'm missing the Hanged and Drowned, and possibly more Gaki and another Shikome. But it's enough to get a start. I figure I'll have the last of the crew painted up this weekend and put her up on the table by Tuesday.

Got two games in last Tuesday. The first was a game against Dan. We played a quick 25 stone game: Dreamer with a couple Teddies and Daydreams against the Vikis with some Ronin, Sue and the Student of Conflict. We both took Assassinate and we both took Kill Protege. It wasn't really the plan from the outset, but we ended up with one of the most brutal games I've played in a while. By the end of turn two, I had achieved Assassinate and Kill Protege and he had achieved Kill Protege. By the end of turn four, his army was wiped and I had LCB with a couple wounds left, the Dreamer, and both Daydreams (one of which was buried and the other was too far away to do anything). Hilarious match, especially when we were both just throwing down to waste a little time and ended up playing our entire game in the time it took Brian and Bill to do a couple activations in their game going on at the same time.

Second game was against Tim, a local Neverborn player. I took Seamus and his Avatar and he took Lilith with the twins and Black Blood Shaman. It was a long-drawn game. I hit a couple bad patches with my Dead Rider getting the Black Joker on damage to try to finish off Lelu, and then Avatar Seamus flipping the Black Joker on damage later on at the end of the game. But he had a rough flip of the Black Joker in defense for Lelu when aSeamus finally pasted him. In the end, I couldn't quite get aSeamus to frighten everyone away and lost the game 2-6 when Lilith stuck around my Claim Jump marker and I had only aSeamus left.



Almost got a game of Warmachine in too. I used to play way back in MK1, and when everything moved to MK2, I was getting very excited by the way Cygnar were in the playtest. Then, when the book was released, a lot of what Cygnar did well had been stripped from them and they're back at the bottom of the totem pole again. Still, I love the way the models look and I own a bunch of them, so I brought them out for Slaz to borrow for a game against Dan. If timing was a little different, I would have given them a whirl. Maybe later. I did end up picking up Wrath to thumb through. I'm very excited about the IK RPG coming out soon, and the video on the Colossals looks fantastic. Jay is running a WM league at the store so I might have an easier time finding a game. Just got to pack up three bags of miniatures now instead of one when I head out - one Malifaux and two Warmachine. That's a lot of metal.

1 comment: