
Okay, so she doesn't really cheat, but she can be quite annoying. That's no big surprise, but there it is.
Dan and I got a game in last night and he wanted to see how Leviticus would stack up against his least favorite Neverborn master, so I hit the table with Lilith. We grabbed a 30 stone list, and the game got started.
Lilith, Primordial Magic, Mature Nephilim, Young Nephilim, 3x Terror Tot, 7 Stones
Strategy: Claim Jump
Schemes: Kidnap (both Steampunks and Teddy), Bodyguard
Leviticus, Rusty Alice, Teddy, Belle, 2x Steampunk Abominations, 4 Stones
Strategy: Slaughter
Schemes: Kill Protege (Mature), Frame for Murder (Leviticus)
Both Dan and I drew killer hands first go. I don't know exactly what he had, but I had a pair of 13s and a pair of 11s, as well as a 10, 9 and 8 to hold onto. Dan had his Red Joker and a couple other high cards too. Brutal for both of us.
It's been a while since I've played Lilith (my last outing with her was Warstore Weekend), and I made a very unfortunate early mistake. I moved the Mature carrying Lilith first rather than moving everyone else first and saving those two until last. Dan took advantage of my mistake and lured my Mature twice, bringing him 12" closer to his lines. I was able to use Lilith to earthquake him back 6", but it still wasn't enough. Leviticus and Rusty Alice were able to put the Mature down, bringing a new Steampunk Abomination out in its place. Terrible first turn!
On the second turn, I was able to stretch the field and came within 1/2" of charging his Waif on the turn Leviticus was dying. I didn't quite make it, and poor Lilith was stuck all the way downfield. Teddy came in to attack and hit her for three damage. Meanwhile, my Younger Nephilim and a Terror Tot killed off his Steampunks and Rusty Alice finished off my Younger and another Tot.
I ended up getting initiative on turn three and moved around to whack Leviticus, killing him before he got a chance to attack me. Teddy went but was unable to hit Lilith. I brought a Tot into melee with his Belle and Rusty, and my second Tot turned into a Younger.
On the fourth turn, Leviticus went full at Lilith, but I used all my stones and managed to survive. Lilith went and killed Teddy. I lost my Tot, but my Younger moved in its place.
Turn five saw Lilith charge and kill Rusty Alice. A few well-timed cheats kept Lilith alive with one life after Leviticus' attacks, and my Younger grew into a Mature from Lilith's blood tokens and knocked the Belle down to one life.
On the sixth turn, I won initiative and companioned my two big hitters. Lilith killed the Belle, which failed to finish off Lilith, and then trucked it 12" back to my objective. The Mature immediately flew 12" away and hugged the Claim Jump too. Leviticus limped after Lilith, but he was too far away and too slow to reach him. The game ended with me claiming a full 8 points and him claiming 4.

No comments:
Post a Comment